Shop safe. A trip to the shopping mall should be a safe item on your list of things to do. However, you need to know that crime rates at mall complexes are on the rise and that there are some very simple things that you and your family can do to increase your level of safety at the mall, such as:
- Avoid stairwells that are away from the main mall area, especially those that don’t have surveillance cameras or panic buttons.
- Use only those stairwells, elevators and escalators that are in the main mall area or within department stores.
- Stay away from unsecured utility corridors and storage areas.
- Public restrooms are often located down long, isolated corridors. Avoid them entirely if at all possible, or bring someone with you.
- Underground parking garages may be too large to be adequately protected by surveillance cameras and security guards. If you park in these areas, be on your guard and lock your doors immediately once you get into your vehicle.
- Large parking lots outdoors are no less safe than underground garages. Always park as close to the mall as possible in a location that is brightly lighted.
- If you are at all uneasy about walking to your vehicle, ask a security guard to accompany you.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or try our DIY services.