Halloween is an enjoyable time of year for kids and parents alike, from dressing up and trick-or-treating to carving pumpkins and eating candy. In order to make sure everyone has a fun celebration, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Young children should always be supervised while trick-or-treating.
- Only go to homes with front lights on, and never allow children to go inside someone’s home (unless you know them).
- If your kids are older, know where they will be to trick-or-treat and who they will be with.
- Make sure your kids know pedestrian rules and are aware of cars and other people around them.
- Stay on roads that are well-lit, and always use the sidewalk.
- Do not cut through yards or alleyways.
- Keep your cell phone with you if you need to be in communication with a group.
- If you are staying at home to give candy to trick-or-treaters, keep your front light on and remove anything that the children could trip or hurt themselves on.
- Inform law enforcement of any suspicious activity happening in your neighborhood.
We hope you all have a great and safe Halloween!
Courtesy of AAP