Travel safe. Whether it’s the annual family vacation or frequent business trips, safety is becoming increasingly important when it comes to travel. Follow these suggestions to make sure everyone is safer when you are away. Here are some tips to make sure you travel safe:
- Always put a business address on your luggage tag rather than a home address. Local baggage handlers could make note of it and pass it along to criminals.
- When checking into a hotel, check that there is a dead bolt or manual bar-lock on the door to your room. Also check that windows or balcony doors can be securely locked.
- Leave the radio or television on when you leave, loud enough to be heard in the hall outside your door. Always leave the “Do Not Disturb” sign on your door to discourage anyone with a master key from entering the room.
- Leave expensive jewelry at home. Flashy accessories can draw the attention of would-be criminals.
- If you suspect you’re being followed as you approach your hotel room, keep walking past your room until the person behind your enters his or her room, or act as if you forgot something and head back toward the elevator area.
Traveling should be a fun, safe and worry-free experience. These precautions can help keep you and your family safe while away from home. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or try our DIY services.