Going on a fun summer vacation? Here are a few security vacation tips. While you’re enjoying yourself in paradise, make sure your home stays secure. Follow these steps to protect your home while you’re gone.
Security Vacations Tips
- Hire someone to cut your lawn while you’re gone
- Stop your mail while out of town
- Alert neighbors that you’ll be out of town
- Consider hiring a house or pet-sitter
- Don’t announce your absence on social media sites
- Make sure you leave all doors and windows locked
- Hide valuables from any line of sight and store in a safe
- Use timers on lights
- Don’t leave any notes on the door letting others know you’re out of town
- Request a police drive-through in your neighborhood
- Remove your spare key
- Install a security system
Protecting your home should always be a priority especially when you are away. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or try our DIY services. These security vacation tips can put you mind at ease while you’re away. Here at Alert we are happy to service you to make sure you get the protection you need. Alert we are always making sure that you are protected.
Courtesy of How Stuff Works